Pages

Friday, September 11, 2020

Photomontage - Hannah Höch

 Photomontage

In Art, I have made 2 different photomontages inspired by the German Dada artist Hannah Höch. Hannah Höch is best known for her political collages and photomontages. Hannah Höch explored gender and identity in her artwork.

After exploring and learning about Hannah Höch and her work I learned that Photomontage was more than just different pieces of images pasted together. With every artwork piece she created, she always had a story or quote behind the Photomontage. She explained that your Photomontage doesn't have to be neat or clean or look modern, you can do whatever you want to do with it. 

When creating my Photomontages I did have a lot of trouble finding out what I wanted to do and what images to use. 


Photomontage 1

 


This Photomontage is something I thought about out of the wild, to be honest. I thought about how sometimes in class or anywhere, to be honest, my mind just drifts to different thoughts or worlds. These days I've been interested in Astronomy and how much and/or what could be out there that we don't know of.

Space really does interest me a lot, I like thinking about how much more there is to the earth and how much different moons, planets, galaxies, black holes etc there is!


Photomontage 2

Not gonna lie, I'm not quite sure how this came about. I was really into the idea of using statues so I did. The flowers are used to make a mask, a lot of people around the world are in lockdown and are required to wear masks. I'm not sure how to describe this one, but I am proud of how it looks.


In my opinion, I think I did a great job creating photomontages especially because I didn't know what to do and what to put in my creations.  But thanks to my teachers for encouraging me and showing me techniques I finally was able to create some art workpieces!




1 comment:

  1. Wow! i love the mask, that is so clever in these times. im really taken by it. This is one I would like to print out properly.

    I also love that you have expressed you have this passionate interest in astrology. that is the beauty of art; it is something you can apply to any passion you have, so it becomes symbiotic to all other subjects.

    Thank you for posting your thoughts so clearly.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about